I am a conscientious, outcome-driven, CIMA-qualified professional with a comprehensive background across the financial services, private equity, and oil & gas industries. My areas of expertise include leadership, data analysis, business modelling, financial strategy, budgets, forecasts, management reporting, regulatory compliance, efficiency optimization, policy development, process improvements, program management, cost savings, Chapter 11, Fresh Start Accounting, quality assurance, governance, and financial controls.
A selection of my career highlights follows:
· Secured $1.9M in equity during the process of a $20M PE fundraising initiative and implemented Zoho Books, the firm’s inaugural accounting system, from scratch (Enovate).
· Developed and implemented processes to reduce the accounting close cycle by +10 days and rolled out streamlined efficiencies across the Corporate Business Unit to save +$4M in staffing costs over a period of several years (Weatherford).
· Cohesively led the company through Chapter 11 and Fresh Start accounting, recording zero errors in the unorthodox mid-month close (Weatherford).
· Consistently promoted to positions of increased responsibility and seniority, building a reputation for leadership, organizational expertise, and financial comprehension across all aspects of the finance lifecycle (Weatherford).
· Transitioned accounting functions from Aberdeen to Johannesburg, trained local South African staff, merged and integrated new acquisitions, and onboarded new employees in Russia (Weatherford).